IN-MOTION MEASURING SYSTEM
Traditionally trucks and trains had to stop at a weigh bridge to weigh the content of the vehicle. With this invention the vehicle continues to move over the weighing area without stopping.
- The in-motion measuring system is designed for underground or surface locations where hostile conditions exist. It is totally suitable for rolling stock, conveyor belts surfaces designed for trucks and vehicles.
- The solution eliminates standard weigh bridges by using load cells instead.
- The load cells use radio frequency technology to transmit the data via Activity Monitoring Reader to a database for further software processing.
- The vehicle can be identified by an Activity Monitor as it crosses the mass measuring system and can thus run totally unattended.
- The vehicle drives over an area where the load cells are installed. The vehicle does not need to stop and can travel at speeds of up to 20 km/h while still obtaining accurate mass measuring.
BENEFITS OF THE INVENTION:
- The invention is substantially cheaper than a conventional weigh bridge.
- Speed of measurement makes weighing vehicles on the road more practical and can be done frequently
- Place the technology in the hands of the truck owner and therefore allows more effective weight limit enforcement.
Read more →